Open Council Meetings - Guidelines for Council Visitors
- Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers of the College at 483 Huron Street, Toronto, M5R 2R4.
- Meetings start promptly at 9:00 a.m. unless otherwise stated on the Agenda. To access the meeting agenda and material go the “Council Meetings & Reports” section of this website.
- Visitors are here as observers only and are asked to respect the formality of the Council meeting; this includes turning off cell phones and any other electronic devices while in Council Chambers.
- Visitors are welcome to have refreshments in the lounge outside the Council Chambers during morning and afternoon breaks. An hour-long break is provided for lunch. Note that lunch is provided for Council members only. Prior to the lunch break, the President will announce the time at which the Council meeting will reconvene – visitors are requested to return at the appointed time to avoid disrupting the meeting once it resumes.
- If a portion of the meeting is closed to the public, it will be announced for visitors, or if known in advance, it will be noted on the Agenda.
- Members of the media who wish to follow up with the College on any Council matter should contact the Communications department at email@example.com. Taking photos or videos while on College property without the prior consent of the Communication department is not permitted.
Members of the public are welcome to attend these meetings. There is limited seating so if you plan to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Can’t make the meeting but you’re on Twitter? Follow along as we live-tweet Council meetings @OCPInfo
Please note: The College is a scent free environment. Scented products such as hairsprays, perfume, and scented deodorants may trigger reactions such as respiratory distress and headaches. In consideration of others, when attending the College you are asked to limit or refrain from using scented products. Your co-operation is appreciated.
Note: There is no on-site parking for visitors.