Ongoing Drug Shortages
Published Nov. 1, 2017, 3:58 p.m.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ontario Public Drug Programs Division, has informed healthcare stakeholders that there are currently ongoing drug shortages. Please review the following memos for details:
- MarcaineTM E (Bupivacaine Hydrochloride and Epinephrine Injection USP) - DINs 02241915 and 02241916
- Baxter Canada's IV Solutions - Dextrose Injection and Sodium Chloride Injection
- Ministry Communication Regarding this Shortage (Oct 24, 2017)
- Nabilone (Cesamet + generics)
- EAP Request Form for Nabilone (referenced in Executive Officer memo above)
Pharmacy professionals are encouraged to stay up to date on ongoing and anticipated drug shortages by visiting Drug Shortages Canada.