American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Online Education Programs
- This site contains free CE programs, as well as other resources including:
- Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program (PSAP) - online
- Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Preparatory Review Course – live program
- Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Course – online
- Oncology Pharmacy Courses – live program
- Free Online CE Programs
Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH)
- CADTH provides decision-makers with the evidence, analysis, advice, and recommendations they require to make informed decisions in health care
Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA)
- Online CE topics include:
- QUIT: Quit Using & Inhaling Tobacco
- Medication Assessment and Management
Canadian Healthcare Network
- CE provided through eCortex
- Online continuously updated CE courses available.
- Immediate access to CE records through an online report card
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- CAMH offers continuing education for professionals around addiction and mental health, including issues related to opioid dependence.
de Souza Institute
- The de Souza Institute, in partnership with Cancer Care Ontario and the University Health Network, enables health care professionals to obtain specialized skills to guide and help cancer patients (via prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and palliation). de Souza Institute courses are offered primarily online with the occasional course through Ontario Telemedicine Network or in-person.
Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada
- The Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada is an independent national not-for-profit organization committed to the advancement of medication safety in all healthcare settings. ISMP Canada conferences, presentations, webinars, and workshops offer healthcare practitioners the opportunity to learn about medication safety improvement strategies.
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
- The Office of Continuous Professional Development at the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy delivers leading-edge educational programs to improve and expand the competency of pharmacy professionals, researchers, scientists and allied professionals involved in pharmacy policy and practice. Their goal is to develop quality programming that answers the shifting needs of the profession.
- Online continuously updated free CE courses available
Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences
- Michener’s Department of Continuing Education offers a selection of courses and certificate programs to enhance professional qualifications. A number of courses are led by internationally renowned health professionals.
Ontario Pharmacists Association
- The Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA) offers a variety of professional development programs to enable pharmacy professionals and other healthcare professionals to translate knowledge gained into everyday practice.
- Programs may be offered as live, in-class sessions, as online courses, or as webinars, and they range from a few hours to multiple days in length. OPA also offers blended programs, which combine live and online components.
Pear Healthcare Solutions
- Education programs to assist pharmacists in providing optimal patient care and advancing their professional practice
- A proprietary, online education platform: www.healthelearning.ca
- A variety of continuing education courses (e.g. mental health, injection training, immunization, diabetes)
- Comprehensive preparation programs to help pharmacists successfully change certification exams, including CDE, BCGP, CRE, CTH and CTE
- This website offers continuously updated online CE courses. Exams with instant certificates and tracking of CE credits online are also available.
- Listing of lessons with exams and answer sheets. Topics are varied and new material is added frequently.
- Pri-Med offers continuing medical education for primary care healthcare professionals including family physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners and students.
- These CE lessons (many are CCCEP approved) designed for Canadian pharmacists are free and cover a variety of featured topics.
- RxSchool is an e-learning web portal that provides a comprehensive suite of educational courses and training tools for the health care industry. There are many free CE courses offered on various topics
Senior Care Online University for Professionals, ASCP
- The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists features online continuing education courses including important topics in geriatric pharmacy, psychiatric disorders, diabetes and pain management.
TEVA Resources for Technicians
- Tech Talk CE is Canada's only national bilingual CE correspondence program for pharmacy technicians—offers four-page lessons, which are available:
- Through Pharmacy Practice
- As PDFs, which require you to mail or fax your responses to receive accreditation from the Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP)
- As online lessons through www.canadianhealthcarenetwork.ca, which allow you to receive instant results and accreditation. To find out about online lessons, review the step-by-step guide.
- Note: Tech Talk CEs are valid for accreditation for 32 months. While no longer valid for accreditation, archived lessons are also available.
University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy
- The Distance Education and Continuing Professional Development unit at the School of Pharmacy offers continuing professional development (CPD) programs for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, affiliated health care professionals and members of the general public. Programs are designed to improve patient outcomes by increasing therapeutic knowledge for practitioners. The programs are built around three themes: leadership, health literacy, and deprescribing.