Compounding - It's Time to Talk (RxBriefcase)
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain why compounding is important, and why it is important to do it correctly.
- Define 'new' terms as they relate to compounding.
- Identify the key elements of compounding (i.e. the 5 P's) and illustrate how principles within each element apply to compounding quality and safety.
- Describe the importance of interprofessional collaboration in the act of compounding and demonstrate roles in which the different health professions can contribute to team success.
- Review a facility's compounding practices and implement at least three strategies to help improve compounding