Fundamentals of Mental Health (CAMH)
This eight-week course offers an overview of mental health for practitioners in the fields of health, education, security or social services. The course covers definitions of mental health and illness, the prevalence of mental illness in Canada, the mental status examination, symptoms and treatment strategies for mood disorders, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia, and health-promoting strategies used when working with clients experiencing mental illness.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- define mental health and illness
- summarize statistics on mental illness in Canada
- describe the various components of the mental status examination
list three or more signs and symptoms of mood disorders, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia
- describe two treatment strategies used to treat mood disorders, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia
- list three or more health-promoting strategies used when working with clients experiencing mental illness.
For More Information
Robyn Steidman, Education Assistant
Tel: 416-535-8501 x36640