Tips on Finding a Pharmacy
There are several ways to find information about pharmacies in Ontario.
- Fill in only the fields you know — it’s not necessary to complete every field
- Be sure that you spell words correctly
- If you can’t find what you are looking for, try using different search fields or broadening your search by filling in fewer search fields
- You may wish to use Google Maps to help you locate the pharmacy
- Don’t include “Ontario” in your address
- Don't use accents in your search terms
Using Google Maps
- Visit Google Maps and type the name or location of your pharmacy in the search bar
- Once you’ve located the pharmacy, copy the address to your computer (or write it down/remember it)
- Return to Find a Pharmacy or Pharmacy Professional
- Paste or type the address in the “Where is it located” search bar
- Click the “Search” button
More Search Options
If you need more options or want to find a group of pharmacies that meet certain criteria, you can use More Search Options. Here, you can search by:
1. Type. Find the definition of each type of pharmacy in the Glossary of Terms.
- Open to the public:
- Community pharmacy
- Remote dispensing location
- Not open to the public:
2. Operating status. Find the definition of each operating status in the Glossary of Terms.
- Entitled to operate (no conditions)
- Entitled to operate (with conditions)
- Not entitled to operate
3. Accreditation number. Find the definition for accreditation number in the Glossary of Terms.
4. Concerns. Find useful definitions about concerns relating to a pharmacy in the Glossary of Terms.
- A manager or director that the College has/had concerns about
- A previous finding of proprietary misconduct
- Conditions on its right to operate
A yellow circle with an exclamation mark inside will appear next to any pharmacy that the College has or had concerns about. Learn more about what’s public (and what’s not) about pharmacies.
- When exporting records without a criteria, this list will include active pharmacies and pharmacies that have been closed, sold or relocated within the last three years.
- To export just “Active” pharmacies, two exports are required:
- Export 1: Click on the “More Search Options” hyperlink and choose the criteria “Entitled to operate (no conditions)." Export this list
- Export 2: Click on the “More Search Options” hyperlink and choose the criteria “Entitled to operate (with conditions)." Export this list
- Exports can only be performed after 5pm
For support please email firstname.lastname@example.org