Summary of Allegations
As a result of a referral by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee, it is alleged that Mr. Patel committed professional misconduct with respect to the following:
- submitting false claims for MedsCheck services not actually provided;
- submitting claims for MedsCheck services in relation to the patients who did not meet the eligibility criteria for MedsCheck services;
- failing to document and/or retain records regarding MedsCheck services as required by the MedsCheck program and pharmacy regulations;
- falsifying the signatures of patients on MedsCheck review forms; and/or
- falsifying records for MedsCheck services.
In particular, it is alleged that he
- failed to maintain a standard of practice of the profession
- failed to keep records as required respecting his patients with respect to failing to document and/or retain records regarding MedsCheck services as required by the MedsCheck program and pharmacy regulations
- falsified a record relating to his practice
- signed or issued, in his professional capacity, a document that he knew contained a false or misleading statement
- submitted an account or charge for services that he knew was false or misleading
- engaged in conduct or performed an act relevant to the practice of pharmacy that, having regard to all the circumstances, would reasonably be regarded by members of the profession as disgraceful, dishonourable or unprofessional
A motion in this matter will be heard on January 12, 2018.