If you are a pharmacist or pharmacy technician looking for information and resources related to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19: Information for Pharmacy Professionals webpage.
If you are a patient, please visit the COVID-19 Information for Patients webpage.
In response to the public health concerns related to the emergence of COVID-19 in Ontario and as we concentrate our efforts on supporting pharmacy during the pandemic, the College is temporarily operating as a virtual office until further notice. The College has the teleworking infrastructure and associated systems in place to ensure that staff are fully equipped to provide services to registrants and the public while working remotely.
All departments are still operating and can be contacted at any time during normal business hours.
Please note: Due to the exceptionally high demand reported by telecommunications companies impacting users and organizations across the country, the College has encountered intermittent interruptions in our phone systems impacting some callers. If you encounter any challenges when calling the College, please reattempt your call or consider emailing the College department you wish to contact.
While the College will continue to operate through remote services, some changes are being implemented temporarily which will impact a number of activities. These include:
- The offices are closed to visitors; deliveries continue to be accepted and the main reception is operating as usual.
- All onsite meetings at the College have been suspended including Committee meetings. These will be rescheduled at the earliest possible opportunity unless they can be facilitated via teleconference/videoconference.
- The March 23 Council meeting will be held via teleconference/videoconference only.
- All in-person hearings are suspended until further notice. The College is currently exploring options to hold hearings through alternative means. Pre-hearing conferences will continue via teleconference/videoconference.
- The May Jurisprudence Exam has been postponed, and will be re-scheduled when possible.
- All onsite (in-pharmacy) assessments (practice, operations, quality assurance, PACE/SPT) are suspended. Operational assessments for new openings and re-openings are proceeding remotely.
- College staff also will not be attending any external meetings, presentations or conferences until further notice.
- Investigations will continue but in-person meetings and interviews are suspended.
These and other precautionary measures have been implemented temporarily in order to protect the health and wellbeing of those who work for and on behalf of the College and the community while maintaining our ability to fulfill our mandate during these unprecedented times. As we adopt these measures, the College is focused on working with its stakeholders to support pharmacies and pharmacy professionals and provide the necessary guidance and supports they need to deliver safe care to their communities while protecting their own health and wellbeing.
Should you have any questions about these measures, please email email@example.com.