- Describe the administration technique for children under five, including the selection of the appropriate supplies, land marking and injection techniques.
- Identify the appropriate type and dose of vaccine based on the child’s age and previous immunization history.
- Demonstrate awareness of the different pain management and comfort techniques that can be used specifically for children.
- Recognize potential adverse reactions and understand the appropriate treatment, monitoring and follow-up considerations.
- Identify the appropriate documentation and communication procedures necessary for the parent/caregiver and other relevant healthcare professionals.