This page is a collection of useful resources from other organizations. Please note that this list of resources is not fully comprehensive, but may help guide registrants in decision making an assessment. An inclusion of a resource on this list is not an endorsement by the OCP.
- Opioid Manager Appendix A (Centre for Effective Practice) – A checklist for starting, continuing, or monitoring
- Canadian Opioid Use Disorder Guideline 2021 (CAMH) – Includes recommendations for opioid use disorder assessments, harm reduction, patient engagement, opioid agonist therapy, and more.
Morphine Equivalent Dosing (MED)
- Opioid Manager Morphine Equivalence Table (Centre for Effective Practice)
- MAGICapp (MAGIC Foundation) – Recommendations, evidence summaries, and consultation decision aids for practice, based on the 2017 Canadian Guideline for Opioids for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain
- CDC Opioid Guideline App (CDC) – Reflects the CDC’s Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic pain and includes a morphine milligram equivalent calculator
- Opioid Manager (Centre for Effective Practice)
- Rx Files
- The Centre for Effective Practice (CEP)
- Deprescribing algorithm for benzodiazepine receptor agonists (deprescribing.org) – Also includes “Z-drugs” for insomnia
- Drowsy Without Feeling Lousy (Choosing Wisely Canada)
- Managing Benzodiazepine Use in Older Adults Tool (CEP)
- Helpful Materials for Patients (CDC)
- Pharmacies: Opioid Collateral and Re-ordering (Ministry of Health) – Posters and brochures for patient education
- Opioid Medicines, Information for Patients and Families (Health Canada) – Mandatory Patient Information Handout
- Canadian national consensus guidelines for naloxone prescribing by pharmacists (CPJ)
- Naloxone: Save a life factsheet (Health Canada)
Developed by the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy, Pharmacy5in5 is an interactive, online and app-based teaching tool that houses self-assessment quizzes and other educational resources. It’s an innovative tool to stay up to date on pharmacy practice, improve your knowledge, and understand pharmacy trends.
This page was last updated December 7, 2021.