What is the purpose of the Provider Experience Working Group?
There is a well-established link between provider experience and engagement and patient outcomes. Pharmacy professional experience and engagement is a critical area to measure, however at the time of the Quality Indicator selection process there were no appropriate community pharmacy-specific measures available in the literature.
When the Quality Indicators were developed and identified through an Expert Panel, the Panel recommended the area of provider experience and engagement indicators required further review and refinement before reporting publicly. The purpose of the Provider Experience Working Group will be to identify the provider experience and engagement indicators that will measure and publicly report the pharmacy professional experience in Ontario.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced pharmacy professionals who wish to contribute to the Quality Indicators for Pharmacy initiative and meet the following criteria:
|Up to five pharmacists who:
||Up to three pharmacy technicians who:
What do I need to know?
- Be available to attend 4-5 meetings starting the week of February 15, 2021 and ending August 30, 2021 that will be up to 2 hours in length, and held sometime between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday;
- Be available to attend meetings using video conferencing technology;
- Not own or have any interest (financial, familial, or otherwise) in a pharmacy, and;
- State any conflicts of interest and sign a statement of confidentiality and non-disclosure to support honest dialogue.
How will applicants be selected to participate as a member of the Provider Experience Indicator Working Group?
The College is seeking pharmacists and pharmacy technicians with experience from differing practice environments and/or practice locations. Final selection will be informed by your responses to the application survey alongside consideration of your profile on the Public Register.
The application survey will ask you to indicate the following information:
- First and last name
- Registration number
- Email and phone number
- Information related to your practice environment:
- Whether you are a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician
- Information about the community pharmacy where you practiced for at least 2 years
- The length of time you worked at this community pharmacy/pharmacies
- The average number of prescriptions filled per day at the pharmacy/pharmacies you indicate
How do I apply?
To express interest in being considered for membership on the Quality Indicators Provider Experience Working Group, please respond to this Application Survey
When is the deadline to apply?
All expressions of interest need to be submitted by Sunday, January 24, 2021.
When will I know if I’ve been selected?
All selected members will be notified by the College by the first week of February and at that time will need to confirm that they are available to participate in the Working Group; the first meeting is expected to be held the week of February 15th or 22nd.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about the Initiative or this Working Group.