The Ontario Pharmacy Health Program (OPHP) is a voluntary program available to all registrants of the College who are experiencing challenges with their mental health and/or substance use. It is designed to address the unique needs of pharmacy professionals.
OPHP offers a variety of services, including:
- Information about resources and services
- Case management services, including helping to identify support networks and specialists
- Coordination of necessary assessments and monitoring for the registrant
- Assist with the development of stay-at-work or return-to-work plans
The goal of OPHP is to help registrants seek treatment and manage their health so that they can practice safely and be engaged in their home life, family, and community.
OPHP is funded by the College and administered by Lifemark Health. It can be accessed by phone at 1-844-931-0007 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The identity of registrants who access OPHP directly is not shared with the College.
Occasionally, registrants may enroll with OPHP as part of a College proceeding or investigation, such as a health inquiry, which is an established process for when the Registrar believes a registrant may be incapacitated. In such circumstances, information would only be shared with the College by OPHP with the consent of the registrant.
OCP is committed to supporting a safe and healthy practice environment as well as connecting registrants to services to support their individual wellbeing, including OPHP and the programs listed below.
Note: The program was previously administered on behalf of the College as the Ontario Pharmacy Support Program by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). As CAMH no longer provides this service, Lifemark Health began administering the program on behalf of the College in 2019.
Additional Mental Health and Substance Use Resources
In addition to OPHP, other services in Ontario are available specifically for healthcare professionals.
- Health Care Worker Assist Program – Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Resources for Health Care Workers During COVID-19 – CAMH
- A Prescription for Professional Wellness Podcast – Ontario Pharmacists Association
- Your Health Space – Canadian Mental Health Association Ontario
- Peer Support for Healthcare Workers – Wellness Together Canada
General mental health supports are also available:
- Crisis Services Canada – 1-833-456-4566. Suicide prevention and support
- Distress and Crisis Ontario – Locate a local distress centre
- ConnexOntario – Discover mental health, addiction and problem gambling services
- BounceBack Ontario – Free skill-building program to manage depression, anxiety, stress and worry