OCP-Approved Courses for Pharmacists
OCP-approved courses have obtained CCCEP competency-mapped accreditation, which addresses the 15 competencies for pharmacist injection education, as approved by the OCP Board.
The following organizations provide OCP-approved pharmacist injection education courses in Ontario
- Ontario Pharmacists Association — Injections and Immunizations Certificate Program
- Pear Healthcare Solutions — Injection Training
- University of Toronto — Immunization and Injections for Pharmacists (currently not available)
- PharmAchieve – Injections and Immunizations Certificate Program
Find a list of all current course offerings for pharmacists on the CE for Pharmacists page under “Practice Skills – Immunization, Injections and Infusions”.
OCP recognizes injection authority obtained from another pharmacy regulatory body in Canada, since the injection training in other provinces and territories addresses the same 15 competencies for pharmacist injection education that were approved by the OCP Board. View a full listing of all Canadian CCCEP competency-mapped accredited courses.
Ontario Pharmacy Graduates
Graduates of the University of Waterloo (2012 onward) and graduates of the University of Toronto (2013 onward) have already received the appropriate injection training as part of their curriculum.
In order to administer the COVID-19 vaccine or influenza vaccine by injection in Ontario, pharmacy technicians must:
- Successfully complete an OCP-approved injection training course
- Register their training with the College
- Valid certification in CPR and First Aid is recommended but not mandated at this time as pharmacy technicians will only administer the vaccine under supervision and in a setting where other health care professionals are required to have this certification
OCP-Approved Courses for Pharmacy Technicians
OCP-approved courses have obtained CCCEP accreditation and address the 7 competencies for pharmacy technician injection education.
Find a list of all current course offerings for pharmacy technicians on the CE for Pharmacy Technicians page under ”Practice Skills – Immunization, Injections and Infusions”.