Preparing for the Knowledge Assessment
Part A Pharmacists should review the knowledge assessment blueprint prior to their assessment. The blueprint describes the key topics and competencies that will be assessed and provides topic examples.
In addition to the blueprint, recommended resources include:
- e-learning modules, including Code of Ethics and jurisprudence
- CPhA’s therapeutic information database CPS (formerly RxTx). Prior to the assessment, a link to CPS will be provided to you by the College at no cost.
- Sample questions based on the blueprint that will be made available prior to the assessment (see below)
- The online platform demonstration offered by Meazure Learning, the administrator of the knowledge assessment, to help with platform navigation and test system functionality (see below).
- Prescription (Rx) Regulation Summary chart
- NAPRA’s National Drug Schedules
- Legal authority for scope of practice chart
Note that the best preparation is your ongoing patient care practice. Pharmacist peers have created the assessment cases to be reflective of everyday practice.
Below are the key technological requirements for completing the knowledge assessment. Detailed information will be provided in communication from Meazure Learning (Testing Support), the knowledge assessment administrator, and on the FAQ section of the exam platform.
- Ensure you have access to a desktop or laptop computer and a stable internet connection
- A wired connection is recommended to support stable internet
- Minimum Windows 8 or MacOS 10.13
- Review all the equipment requirements provided by Meazure Learning
- Test your equipment well in advance of the knowledge assessment
The platform demonstration is designed to help you get familiar with the exam software and knowledge assessment navigation. Access to the platform demonstration will be made available once you enroll in the knowledge assessment.
The sample questions reflect the format, style and topics (based on the knowledge assessment blueprint) of your exam questions. Prepare for the exam by practicing on these sample questions in a no-risk environment.
To access the online sample questions:
- Visit: https://ocpprep-ka.ysasecure.com/
- Follow the instructions to create a username and password
Prior to beginning the knowledge assessment, pharmacists are required to review and agree to a statement of understanding which includes maintaining the confidentiality of the knowledge assessment exam questions.