Part A Pharmacists should review the knowledge assessment blueprint prior to their assessment. The blueprint describes the key topics and competencies that will be assessed and provides topic examples.
In addition to the blueprint, recommended resources include:
- e-learning modules, including Code of Ethics and jurisprudence
- CPhA’s therapeutic information database CPS (formerly RxTx). Prior to the assessment, a link to CPS will be provided to you by the College at no cost.
- Sample exam questions based on the blueprint that will be made available prior to the assessment (see below)
- The online platform tutorial offered by Meazure Learning, the administrator of the knowledge assessment, to help with platform navigation and test system functionality (see below).
- Prescription (Rx) Regulation Summary chart
- NAPRA’s National Drug Schedules
- Legal authority for scope of practice chart
Note that the best preparation is your ongoing patient care practice. Pharmacist peers have created the assessment cases to be reflective of everyday practice.
Below are the key technological requirements for completing the knowledge assessment. Detailed information will be provided in communication from Meazure Learning (Testing Support), the knowledge assessment administrator, and on the FAQ section of the exam platform.
- Ensure you have access to a desktop or laptop computer and a stable internet connection
- Minimum Windows 8 or MacOS 10.13
- Review all the equipment requirements provided by Meazure Learning
- Test your equipment well in advance of the knowledge assessment
The platform tutorial is designed to help you get familiar with the exam software and is available at: https://ocpprep-ka.ysasecure.com/login. Anyone can access the platform tutorial by clicking “Signup” to create an account (username and password). Use these login credentials to also access the sample exam questions. There is no limit to the number of times you can access the platform tutorial. To access the knowledge assessment, please refer to communication from Meazure Learning (Testing Support) for your username and how to create a password.
Sample Exam Questions
The sample exam questions reflect the format, style and topics (based on the knowledge assessment blueprint) of your exam questions. Prepare for the exam by practicing on these sample questions in a no-risk environment.
Practice questions are available at: https://ocpprep-ka.ysasecure.com/login. Anyone can access these sample exam questions by clicking “Signup” to create an account (username and password). Use these login credentials to also access the platform tutorial. There is no limit to the number of times you can access the sample exam questions. To access the knowledge assessment, please refer to communication from Meazure Learning (Testing Support) for your username and how to create a password.
Prior to beginning the knowledge assessment, pharmacists are required to review and agree to a statement of understanding which includes maintaining the confidentiality of the knowledge assessment exam questions.