The examination is offered four times per year in February, May, August and November.
- You may attempt the examination a maximum of three times in any 24 month period
- If you wish to withdraw from the exam you must submit a request in writing
- You should complete the Jurisprudence curriculum within your education program before attempting the exam (if applicable)
- The fee to write the examination is $125 + HST
- A French version of the exam is available upon request
- Requests for testing accommodations will be considered on an individual basis
- You should not attempt the jurisprudence exam until you are within three years of your application for final registration as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician
You must read the Jurisprudence Examination Candidate Protocol before attending the exam.
Some key points for exam day:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early
- Bring at least one acceptable piece of government-issued photo identification
- Bring a pencil and eraser
- Labels must be removed from water bottles
- References will be provided — NAPRA Drug Schedules and OCP Prescription Regulation Summary (also available in French)
If you have questions about the Jurisprudence Exam e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org