Step 1: Submit a Notice of Intent
A notice of intent or a complete Pharmacy Closing Statement must be submitted to Pharmacy Applications & Renewals at least 7 days prior to the closing of a pharmacy and must include the following details:
- The name of the pharmacy
- The accreditation number of the pharmacy
- The address of the pharmacy
- The name of the corporation which operates the pharmacy
- The closing date (first full day the pharmacy will be closed)
- The name, address and accreditation number of the pharmacy where prescription files will be transferred (if known).
Notice may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 416-847-8399 or mailed to the attention of Pharmacy Applications & Renewals at 483 Huron St, Toronto, ON M5R 2R4.
Step 2: Closing Day
On closing day, the College will contact the Director Liaison or the Designated Manager of the pharmacy to confirm whether the pharmacy has officially closed to the public. Once confirmed, the pharmacy’s status on the College’s Find a Pharmacy or Pharmacy Professional tool will be updated to “Closed”.
Step 3: Filing a Pharmacy Closing Statement
A Pharmacy Closing Statement must be completed and filed with the College within 30 days of the pharmacy closing unless previously submitted as part of step 1.
If you have any questions about the accreditation process send an email to email@example.com or call 416-962-4861 ext. 3600