- AIMS Data Snapshot: September 2019
A statistical summary of the events recorded in the platform to September 2019.
- Taking AIMS: the AIMS Response Team Bulletin for the Pharmacy Profession in Ontario (September 2019)
The first independent expert bulletin that provides a preliminary analysis of medication incidents and near misses recorded in the platform from February 2018 to May 2019.
- Assessment of the Assurance and Improvement in Medication Safety (AIMS) Program (March 2019)
A report by Todd Boyle of St. Francis Xavier University on key findings related to AIMS program uptake and sustained use in community pharmacies.
- September 17, 2019 – College Welcomes First Expert Bulletin to Improve Medication Safety in Pharmacies
- November 1, 2018 – Ontario College of Pharmacists Moves Forward with Province-Wide Implementation of Mandatory Medication Safety Program for Pharmacies
- June 11, 2018 – OCP’S Medication Safety Program Video
- October 26, 2017 – Ontario College of Pharmacists selects Pharmapod to implement medication error reporting system for Ontario pharmacies
- June 21, 2017 – Council Approves Implementation of the Continuous Quality Assurance Program for Medication Safety
- March 30, 2017 – Statement from the College on Continuous Quality Assurance for Medication Safety
Background and Briefing Notes
- AIMS Backgrounder (September 2019)
- Council Briefing Note. Meeting Date: March 2017
- June 2017 Council Meeting Materials
- September 2017 Council Meeting Materials
- Implementation of Continuous Quality Assurance for Medication Safety
Pharmacy Connection Articles
- Shared Learning, Shared Accountability (Summer 2019)
- Exercise Professional Judgment When Deciding to Record a Near Miss (Spring 2019)
- AIMS Program On Track To Be Fully Rolled Out by Mid-2019 (Winter 2019)
- Moving Forward: Medication Safety Program Rolls Out to All Community Pharmacies in Ontario (Fall 2018)
- Foundations of Safety: Supplemental Standard of Practice and Standards of Operation (Fall 2018)
- Safe Pharmacies Need Psychological Safety (Summer 2018)
- Building Momentum: Ambassador Pharmacies Pave The Way for Medication Safety (Summer 2018)
- Preparing for Ontario’s Medication Safety Program (Spring 2018)
- Towards a Safer System: An Interview with Patient Advocate Melissa Sheldrick (Winter 2018)
- College Selects Pharmapod to Implement Medication Error Reporting System (Fall 2017)
- A Continuous Quality Assurance Program for Medication Safety (Summer 2017)
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): An Essential Constituent of Patient/Medication Safety (Winter 2017)
About the AIMS logo
A new visual identity the College’s medication safety program, Assurance and Improvement in Medication Safety (AIMS) Program includes subtle references to the four aims of the program: Recording, documenting, analyzing, and sharing. The first and last letters, with a stylized treatment in colour, are a tribute to Andrew Sheldrick whose tragic passing has brought important public and professional attention to the need for medication error reporting in pharmacies throughout the country.