In order to remain compliant with the regulations under the Drug and Pharmacies Regulation Act (DPRA), the College must be notified and approve of any material change to the size or physical layout of an existing accredited pharmacy.
A complete Notice of Pharmacy Renovation form along with a pharmacy floor plan for OCP approval must be submitted to the College at least 45 days prior to commencing any renovations to a pharmacy.
The floor plan should be labelled with the following details.
- Total square footage of area to be accredited – if the pharmacy is part of a larger area, clearly delineate the pharmacy portion and identify how the accredited area is kept secure/physically separate from the non-accredited area
- Total square footage of dispensary (area behind the counter)
- Location of required two sinks in the dispensary (if the pharmacy does Level B or C compounding you must also show the additional sink in the compounding room)
- Location of acoustically private consultation area
- Location of compounding area(s) and C-PEC (hood) if any
Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com, faxed to 416-847-8399 or mailed to the attention of Pharmacy Applications & Renewals at 483 Huron St, Toronto, ON M5R 2R4.
A Community Operations Advisor will review the proposed changes to the pharmacy and contact the Director Liaison or Designated Manager of the pharmacy if they have any questions or concerns. Once a Community Operations Advisor is satisfied that the proposed changes comply with DPRA regulations, an email will be sent confirming the renovation has been approved by the College.
If you have any questions about the accreditation process send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-962-4861 ext. 3600