All pharmacists—whether Part A or Part B—and all pharmacy technicians registered with the College are expected to engage in continuing professional development and maintain a record of their learning. Registrants are required to retain their learning portfolio records and supporting documents for a minimum of five years.
A learning portfolio is a tool that supports the practitioner in:
- Identifying their learning needs
- Planning a course of action
- Tracking their professional development activities
- Evaluating and reflecting on their learning activities
- Assessing the impact of learning activities on their practice, and
- Documenting their growth and professional development.
The practitioner may use feedback from multiple sources, including other QA activities to build their learning portfolio.
Registrants may use the OCP Learning Portfolio Tool available through My Learning (CPD Portal) to plan and document their learning activities.
The Learning Portfolio Tool consists of four sections:
- Education Action Plan
- Continuing Education (CE) Log
- FAQ Log
- Professional Profile
Registrants may modify the OCP Learning Portfolio Tool to better meet their individual preferences, or use any other method of filing or recording their continuous learning activities as long as it is current and includes an education action plan and CE log.
To access the OCP Learning Portfolio Tool:
1. Go to www.ocpinfo.com
2. Click on Login then select My Learning from the drop down
- Your User Name is your OCP number
- Your Password is your date of birth in the following format MMDDYY (use numbers only). For example, if your birth date is September 14, 1980 your password would be 091480. (Note: your password can be changed once you have logged in)
3. Click on “Learning Portfolio”