The following documentation must be submitted to complete pre-registration as these documents are necessary for your registration as a student, intern, pharmacist or pharmacy technician.
You must submit a notarized* photocopy or original of the documentation listed below when you pre-register.
You may submit your documentation using one of the methods below:
- You may obtain a notarized* photocopy and submit a scan of the document via email to email@example.com. Note that each document must be notarized;
- You may bring original documentation in-person to the OCP offices. OCP staff will scan and certify your documents.
- For translated documents only (e.g. transcripts), original documents must be mailed to:
Ontario College of Pharmacists
483 Huron Street
Toronto, ON M5R 2R4
If you have any questions about submitting your supporting documentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evidence of Identity and Citizenship or Status in Canada
- valid Canadian passport, or
- Canadian birth certificate, or
- Canadian citizenship card (both sides), or
- Canadian citizenship certificate
- valid international passport and proof of status in Canada by one of the following:
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or
- Permanent Resident card, or
- Valid Study Permit and/or Work Permit (valid work permit is required for Structured Practical Training)
Evidence of Name Change
- the original (or a notarized* copy) of your marriage certificate
- legal change of name document
Evidence of Education
If you are currently enrolled in a CCAPP or ACPE-accredited pharmacy degree program and wish to register as a pharmacy student:
- arrange to have your university directly notify OCP of your enrollment
if you have already graduated from a CCAPP or ACPE-accredited pharmacy program or a CCAPP-accredited pharmacy technician program, or have successfully completed one of the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada Evaluating Examinations:
- submit the original or a notarized* copy of your degree or diploma certificate, or
- arrange for a letter to be sent directly to OCP from your university or college certifying that you have been granted a pharmacy degree or pharmacy technician diploma
Otherwise (and if applicable) make a request to PEBC to provide OCP with confirmation of your document evaluation.
Evidence of Licensure in Good Standing
If you are licensed as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician in Canada outside of Ontario, you must arrange to have a current letter of good standing sent to the College from the pharmacy regulator of the other Canadian province or territory.
If you are currently or have ever been licensed anywhere as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician, you must provide:
- a current letter from each licensing body verifying that you are/were licensed and have not committed any offences, or
- make a request to PEBC to send a copy of letter(s) of standing that have been submitted to them
Evidence of English or French Language Proficiency
Students and graduates of pharmacy degree programs accredited by CCAPP or ACPE and graduates of pharmacy technician programs accredited by CCAPP are considered to have fulfilled OCP’s language proficiency requirement.
International pharmacy graduates must demonstrate that they understand, speak and write in either English or French with reasonable proficiency. For further information on how to fulfill OCP’s language proficiency requirement:
Access To College Records
As stated in Principle 9 of the College Privacy Code, where the College holds personal information about an individual, upon written request, the College shall allow access to the information to that individual, unless providing access could reasonably be expected to interfere with the administration or enforcement of the Legislation or it is impracticable or impossible for the College to retrieve the information.
The College will make every effort to respond to the request within thirty days and to assist the individual in understanding the information. Further details are available in the Privacy Code.
Individuals should send their written request for access, with contact information and sufficient information about themselves to identify them, to: Privacy Officer, Ontario College of Pharmacists, 483 Huron Street, Toronto, Ontario M5R 2R4.
*Notarized — all copies of original documents must be notarized by a Notary Public or a Commissioner of Oaths and Affidavits. Search the YellowPages for a Notary Public in your area.