- Pharmacists’ Gateway Canada
- Enroll in the Pharmacists’ Gateway Canada
- The Gateway is administered by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities
- Create a new Candidate Account
- Pay the enrollment fee
- Once you have enrolled with the Gateway, you may select Ontario as your provincial regulatory authority from your Gateway file.
- The College will confirm your graduation with the Gateway and create your OCP account; you do not have to pay the College’s initial application fee.
- Register as an Intern
- Practice Assessment of Competence at Entry (PACE)*
- Jurisprudence Exam*
- PEBC Qualifying Exam*
- Final application for Certificate of Registration as a Pharmacist
- Obtain/maintain personal professional liability insurance
- Login to your account to apply
- Pay the final application fees
- Pharmacist final application fee
- New registrant annual fee
- Complete the Declaration of Good Character
- Your police background check must be current to proceed
- Update your personal and practice information
Time & Cost Estimates
Many of the requirements for registration have expiry dates to ensure that your knowledge, skills and judgment are current at the time of your final application. The Fees & Timelines chart lists all registration-related fees and timelines to help you anticipate the time and costs required to register as a pharmacist in Ontario.
Following graduation from an ACPE-accredited pharmacy program, a person who plans ahead to meet application deadlines and completes the requirements in the minimum time required may complete the process within three months.
Estimated fees paid to the College are $313 plus the annual fee. These fees are outlined in the College By-Laws.
Estimated fees paid to third parties are $3,015 plus the annual liability insurance premium.
If you have questions about the registration process, send an email to email@example.com or phone 416-962-4861 or 1-800-220-1921 ext. 3400.