The Standards of Practice outline how all aspects of pharmacy practice are meant to be delivered to mitigate risk and maximize health outcomes. The College expects that pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will diligently practice to these Standards.
Standards of Practice
The College has adopted the Standards of Practice developed by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) as the standards governing the practice of pharmacy in Ontario.
- Model Standards of Practice for Pharmacists
- Model Standards of Practice for Pharmacy Technicians
- Supplemental Standards of Practice for Schedule II and Schedule III Drugs
- Supplemental Standard of Practice: Mandatory Standardized Medication Safety Program in Ontario Pharmacies
Sterile Compounding Standards
The College has adopted the following as the standard for sterile compounding in Ontario.
Non-Sterile Compounding Standards
The College has adopted the following as the standard for non-sterile compounding in Ontario.
This was approved by Board (Council) in December 2017. While an initial phased approach was used for implementation, full implementation of the standards was expected as of January 1, 2022. Learn more in the Compounding – Non-Sterile Practice Tool.
These Standards were retired March 22, 2021 and are available for reference purposes only.
Pharmacy Practice Management Systems
NAPRA has produced these additional resources regarding PPMS.
- Pharmacy Practice Management Systems: Requirements to Support NAPRA’s Model Standards of Practice for Canadian Pharmacists.