- Pre-register with the College
Step 2 (optional):
- Register as a Student
- Work as a Pharmacy Student in Ontario
- Enter/update your practice information for any site where you will be practising as a pharmacy student
- Graduate from your Program*
- Your school must directly provide the College with evidence of your graduation or eligibility to graduate before you may proceed
- Your status as a pharmacy student registered with the College automatically expires when you graduate. You will no longer be able to practise the authorized acts of the profession until you are registered as an intern or pharmacist.
- Register as an Intern
- Practice Assessment of Competence at Entry (PACE)*
- Jurisprudence Exam*
- PEBC Qualifying Exam*
- Final application for Certificate of Registration as a Pharmacist
- Obtain/maintain personal professional liability insurance
- Login to your account to apply
- Pay the final application fees
- Pharmacist final application fee
- New registrant annual fee
- Complete the Declaration of Good Character
- Your police background check must be current to proceed
- Update your personal and practice information
Time & Cost Estimates
Many of the requirements for registration have expiry dates to ensure that your knowledge, skills and judgment are current at the time of your final application. The Fees & Timelines chart lists all registration-related fees and timelines to help you anticipate the time and costs required to register as a pharmacist in Ontario.
Following graduation from a CCAPP-accredited pharmacy program, a person who plans ahead to meet application deadlines and completes the requirements in the minimum time required may complete the process within three months.
Estimated fees paid to the College are $782 plus the annual fee. These fees are outlined in the College By-Laws.
Estimated fees paid to third parties are $2,710 plus the annual liability insurance premium.
If you have questions about the registration process, send an email to email@example.com or phone 416-962-4861 or 1-800-220-1921 ext. 3400.