- PEBC Certification Process
- Successfully complete the PEBC process to become eligible to apply for the PEBC Pharmacy Technician Qualifying Exam.
- This process is administered by the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
- Your education and professional credentials must be evaluated and ruled acceptable as part of the PEBC application process
- Pre-register with the College
- Bridging Education Program*
- Successfully complete the Canadian Health Care System, Culture and Context for Internationally Educated Healthcare Professionals course
- Successfully complete any other course(s) or program required by a panel of the Registration Committee
- Login to your account to initiate your panel request
- Structured Practical Training (SPT)*
- Jurisprudence Exam*
- PEBC Qualifying Exam*
- Successfully complete Parts I and II of the PEBC Pharmacy Technician Qualifying Exam
- You may complete this exam at any point after you have successfully completed Step 1
- The exam is administered by the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
- You must submit your PEBC number to the College so that your results can be confirmed
- Final application for Certificate of Registration as a Pharmacy Technician
- Obtain personal professional liability insurance
- Submit police background check
- Login to your account to apply
- Submit evidence of language proficiency
- Pay the final application fees
- Pharmacy technician final application fee
- New registrant fee
- Complete the Declaration of Good Character
- Update your personal and practice information
Time & Cost Estimates
Many of the requirements for registration have expiry dates to ensure that your knowledge, skills and judgment are current at the time of your final application. The Fees & Timelines chart lists all registration-related fees and timelines to help you anticipate the time and costs required to register as a pharmacy technician in Ontario.
Estimated fees paid to OCP are $594 plus the annual fee. These fees are outlined in the College By-Laws.
Estimated fees paid to third parties (excluding the PEBC evaluation process and any bridging education) are $2,284 plus the annual liability insurance premium.
If you have questions about the registration process, send an email to email@example.com or phone 416-962-4861 or 1-800-220-1921 ext. 3400.