Moving from Part B to Part A
A member may move from Part B to Part A of the Register by notifying the College, in writing, of his or her intent to do so and by successfully completing the following:
- Clinical knowledge assessment
- Practice assessment (three options below)
Members who have not notified the College otherwise, but who seek to change their election from Part B to Part A during the annual renewal process, will be contacted by staff to confirm that a change in election is indeed being requested, and to follow up on next steps.
The CKA is computer-based and administered at the OCP offices by OCP staff. This assessment is scheduled based on staff availability and mutually convenient dates.
A tutorial exam and a sample exam have been created to assist you in preparing for the computer-based assessment. The tutorial exam will assist you with navigation through the computer-based CKA. The sample exam provides some sample CKA cases and practice manoeuvering through the test environment.
To access the online tutorial and sample exams,
- Visit: http://ocp.yardstickmeasure.com
- Follow the instructions to create a username and password
You may access the tutorial / sample exam account as often as you choose; simply return to the website and click ‘Login’ on the top menu bar.
2. Practice Assessment
The practice assessment may be conducted via one of 3 possible options:
- Member assessment by a community practice advisor (CPA)
- Practice Assessment of Competence at Entry (PACE) or
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada’s (PEBC) Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE)
Pharmacists may select the option of their choice, bearing in mind their own readiness for practice and the timing and frequency of availability.